Sunday, January 9, 2011

We are blessed

What a lovely run was had this past Saturday :)
We had runners run distances from 5-10 miles and it was perfect weather. 


So next week is our longest run before we head to Mercedes. Be good to yourself this week - hydrate, rest, eat, get excited because it's going to be fun. I may even have to do a celebration dance at the end :) We'll start out from Felcia's house at 215 Clermont Dr, 35209. Very close to AllSaints and even closer to Trinity Presbyterian. 

While you're snowed in... take a minute to find a few non-perishable goods you can bring to donate on the 15th - there are lots of people in our community who could use a blessing or two right now and blessings come in all shapes and sizes, including cans of food. Now, go put them in your car before Saturday morning - go ahead. I'll wait. Go do it.

You, yes, I'm talking to YOU, are always welcome to run with us. Regardless of how far you'd like to run or how fast/slow you'd like to go. Just show up and we'll figure it out :)


Remember to order your shirts this week - bring your money this weekend or you can mail a check to Hilary Moreno, 1836 Old Creek Trail, Birmingham, AL 35216. I'll order the shirts on January 18th or 19th.


Some thoughts to make you think:

Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed.  ~Charles Schulz, Peanuts

I run because I can. When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they'd give to have this simple gift I take for granted, and I run harder for them. I know they would do the same for me. 
We are all so blessed -
peace be with you -
Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment